Re: [Linux-ia64] 2.4.20 / DIG

From: Bjorn Helgaas <bjorn_helgaas_at_hp.com>
Date: 2003-03-12 06:06:58
> I am trying to compile Bjorn's 2.4.20 kernel on my old Intel C0 based
> box with a RH7.2 install on it (with updates), gcc-2.96.
>
> The Red Hat 2.4.9 kernels work just fine on it, but my selfcompiled
> 2.4.20 kernels explode before it gets to probing the SCSI bus. In SMP
> mode it reboots so fast I can't see exactly where it hands, if I set
> maxcpus=1 it gets to saying EFI Variables Facility - then hangs for a
> bit and then reboots.
>
> Is this a known problem? Any clues?

It's not know to me, at least.  Any chance you can use a serial
console to capture the output?  You could also check for MCA
log information -- that's a likely cause of an early reboot.  You
don't say what box you have, but typically you can go to the
EFI shell and use something like "errdump mca".

Bjorn