Re: [Discontig-devel] Re: [Linux-ia64] discontigmem patch for 2.4.20

From: Kimi Suganuma <suganuma_at_hpc.bs1.fc.nec.co.jp>
Date: 2003-03-07 19:57:14
Hi Bjorn,

Thank you for your consideration. I'll fix all warnings.

And about problems on HP machines, I guess the reason is that
the current CONFIG_NUMA kernel doesn't work right on a system
which needs the VIRTUAL_MEM_MAP function.
I thought that the CONFIG_NUMA kernel doesn't have to work on
such the systems, I mean you can make a kernel with just
turning off CONFIG_NUMA at config.
However, it would better if CONFIG_NUMA kernel works on all types
of machines. So I'll try to find out a solution for this issue.

Best Regards,
Kimi

--
suganuma <suganuma@hpc.bs1.fc.nec.co.jp>