Re: [Linux-ia64] nfsroot on Linux/ia64

From: Stephane Eranian <eranian_at_hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2003-02-27 08:56:42
Dan,

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 12:30:54PM -0800, MAGENHEIMER,DAN (HP-FtCollins,ex1) wrote:
> Has anyone tried using nfsroot (cf. "Documentation/nfsroot.txt")
> on Linux/ia64 to run "diskless"?  I expect that it will work fine
> but I need to do some testing where nfsroot may prove
> useful and hope to avoid investing a lot of energy if
> someone else has tried it and it, for some reason,
> doesn't work.

Yes it does work I have used it in the past and it works
great with elilo. By diskless, I assume you mean that everything
comes from the network including elilo, vmlinuz and initrd.

If so I strongly suggest you take a look at the elilo documentation.
On a RHAS system this is /usr/share/doc/elilo-3.2/netbooting.txt. Go
to section 5/ Netbooting. There are examples of configurations.

--

-Stephane