Re: [Linux-ia64] nfsroot on Linux/ia64

From: Robin Holt <holt_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2003-02-27 08:15:03
On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Erik Jacobson wrote:

> Has anyone tried using nfsroot (cf. "Documentation/nfsroot.txt")
> on Linux/ia64 to run "diskless"?  I expect that it will work fine
> but I need to do some testing where nfsroot may prove
> useful and hope to avoid investing a lot of energy if
> someone else has tried it and it, for some reason,
> doesn't work.

I have used it.  The one issue that I am running into is the ipconfig.o
(CONFIG_IP_PNP option) doesn't work as a loadable module.  I am in the
process of modifying nfsroot.c, ipconfig.c and mnt_clnt.c to allow
ipconfig to be built as a module and verify it works.  I am working with
2.4.19 with the ia64 and discontig patches applied.

If you have questions, please direct them to me as I rarely read mailing
list.

Thanks,
Robin Holt