Re: [Linux-ia64] ski and gcc-3.x

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2003-02-21 18:23:22

  >> That's only a warning though, right?  It should be harmless.

  Randolph> no, ski segfaults right after that.

Hmmh, that's odd.  In any case, the new version should fix that.

  Randolph> * run Unable to create console window

  Randolph> (i'm running this remotely, so no X ...)

I'm afraid you'll be out of luck without X: you _can_ run in
batch-mode without X, but then you don't get the debugger.  If you
want the debugger, there must be a way to create a simulated console
and that's done by starting a slave xterm.  Without X, that's hard to
do.  If I work remotely, I use ssh X forwarding to prevent this
problem.

	--david