Re: [Linux-ia64] Preempt problems

From: Ray Bryant <raybry_at_engr.sgi.com>
Date: 2003-02-15 08:04:52
Stephane,

We're using a 2.4.19 kernel with a number of patches and SGI fixes, and
some backports from 2.5, as well as our machine
specific stuff.  A more complete description of what we run is:

--2.4.19 from www.kernel.org
--IA64 patch
--Atlas patches including discontinguous memory support, VM support
--O(1) scheduler -- including some fixes for large CPU counts, etc
--SGI machine specific H/W support
--SGI patches and fixes for bugs and scalability
--PAGG
--CSA (Comprehensive System Accounting)
--XSCSI (our version of SCSI support from IRIX -- this is a
module/closed source)

Of interest for this discussion is the O(1) scheduler and perfmon.

If you could send me your patch, I will take a look at it and see what
applies.

We will eventually be going to RHAS, but at the moment we are running a
"free-bytes" clone of RH 7.2.

I understand exactly why you are trying to keep the number of variations
small.

Thanks,

--
Best Regards,