[Linux-ia64] Problem with elilo 3.3a

From: Sluder, Charles <Charles.Sluder_at_UNISYS.com>
Date: 2003-02-14 14:15:48
I keep seeing hangs in the SAL that I have traced back to a corrupted EFI
memory map. I was looking at the code for allocating the boot parameter
block in elilo and noticed this piece of code in bootparams.c

	/*
	 * Allocate memory for boot parameters.
	 * This CANNOT be EfiLoaderData or EfiLoaderCode as the kernel
	 * frees this region when initializing.
	 */

	bp = (boot_params_t *)alloc(BOOT_PARAM_MEMSIZE, EfiLoaderData);

The comment seems to be at odds with the code. Is this a problem with the
code or the comment?

-chuck

Charles Sluder
Unisys Corp.