[Linux-ia64] Re: Confused about fsystemcalls

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2003-01-30 11:23:46

  Peter> The mygetpid() call appears to return the correct value.

  Peter> Our figures show over an average of ten runs: --- glibc
  Peter> getpid() takes 579 cycles, stddev 24 --- mygetpid takes 1468
  Peter> cycles, stddev 286

Have you tried on a McKinley?  The numbers you quote for the standard
getpid() look like for Merced.  I never tried on Merced, though I
don't know of why it shouldn't work fast, off hand.

  Peter> I was also a little confused about the entry put into the ELF
  Peter> AUX vector -- was the value or the user-space address of
  Peter> syscall_via_epc meant to go into the vector?  Currently it
  Peter> says in include/asm-ia64/elf.h

Oh, it was broken.  I just fixed it today (since I got glibc to work
with the new syscall stub) and it's in the lia64 bk tree now.

	--david