Re: [Linux-ia64] kernel update (relative to 2.5.59)

From: Paul Bame <bame_at_fc.hp.com>
Date: 2003-01-30 04:48:51
> I had the same problem with mconf when I built with 2.96 (it just
> printed the name of the Kconfig file and exited with status 1,
> strace didn't show any unexpected system call failures).

I had the same experience with the new assembler and gcc 2.96
with scripts/conf used by 'make oldconfig'.  Traced it to
fopen(name,"r") returning 0 with errno=EINVAL. open(2) was never called
according to strace and 'name' was perfectly fine.  Smelled like a tool
chain problem so moved to Debian and it went away (gcc version 3.2.2
20030124 (Debian prerelease))

	-P