RE: [Linux-ia64] Re: gas generates incorrect ia64 unwind rlen val ues

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2003-01-18 13:30:26

OK, I checked this script into arch/ia64/scripts/unwcheck.sh now.  I
had to hack it a bit because readelf v2.13.90.0.10 generates the
code-ranges in the format:

	[0xe000000004408000-0xe000000004408230],

Which isn't what the script expected.

I also fixed the handful of problems it pointed out.  I agree that
those are really gas bugs (except perhaps for the unwind info in
gate.S, which was a bit clunky).  But for now, I fixed things by
adding explicit nop's and commenting out .align directives.  The
removal of .align may cost us a cycle or two in some routines, but I
don't it's noticable in practice.

Thanks,

	--david