RE: [Linux-ia64] Distributions using gcc 3.2 or later

From: Wichmann, Mats D <mats.d.wichmann_at_intel.com>
Date: 2003-01-16 07:14:54
> But I think we're beyond that now, and it'd be a more useful list
> if it has `Most up to date release distro'.  So I'd be in favour of
> something like:
> Obviously representatives from those companies should suggest better
> wording & URLs than this ;-)

Sadly (from some viewpoints, anyway; I don't mean to
comment on anyone's business practices, it's just that
we've gotten *used* to this stuff being splattered all
over the net), several of the distros are taking the
position that Itanium 2 distributions will fit into
high-end server products only, and will not be made
available for free download, at least not as ready-to-burn
ISOs.  I think that's why you got the "can't-find-on-website"
response for Red Hat AS/AW, for example.

So I'd vote for this approach:

  if you want to be listed, send a note to the maintainer
  with a pointer to the best available "how to obtain" page
  for that product.