Re: [Linux-ia64] Distributions using gcc 3.2 or later

From: Matthew Wilcox <willy_at_debian.org>
Date: 2003-01-16 05:26:07
On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 07:05:19PM +0100, Martin Schimmer wrote:
> can we quickly put together short up-to-date list of "stable" distros for
> IA64 plafrorm? You can mention what compiler and libc it is based and
> whether it's free or commercial
>
> I am only aware of:
>
> RedHat 7.2	gcc 2.96/glibc 2.2.4	 freely available

Boy, are you not looking very hard ;-)  On www.linuxia64.org:

IA-64 Linux Distributions
# Caldera Systems (initial release 8/4/00) Download at ftp.caldera.com/pub/OpenLinux64
# Debian (initial release 8/10/01) Download at www.debian.org/ports/ia64
# Red Hat (initial release 5/17/00) Download at ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/ia64
# SuSE (initial release 6/13/00) Download at ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/ia64
# TurboLinux (initial release 3/13/00) Download at www.turbolinux.com/ia64.html

I'd think that `initial release' is no longer a very useful thing to
have, so perhaps this list should be replaced by a list of `most recent
release' instead.  I don't see a `contact the webmaster' link, so maybe
he or she reads this list...

Debian released Woody in 2002.
SuSE announced: "Enterprise Server 8 is also available for [...] HP
Itanium 2-based servers, [...]"
Red Hat released AS & AW for ia64.

Not aware of any other announcements, but I don't follow that too closely.