RE: [Linux-ia64] cpu_halt() question

From: Seth, Rohit <rohit.seth_at_intel.com>
Date: 2003-01-15 09:18:09
Alex,
It is true that one won't see any great power saving (even assuming the
system was completely idle while you were taking your reading) with
current releases.  It is expected that in future PAL_HALT_LIGHT will be
more power friendly. This may come at a little extra cost though(in
terms of entry and exit latencies).  We will be doing some experiments
internally to understand its impact on few key benchmarks.

rohit