Re: [Linux-ia64] Re: disabling nics using boot options.

From: Roy Dragseth <royd_at_cc.uit.no>
Date: 2003-01-10 07:16:59
On Thursday 09 January 2003 18:01, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> So, it works post-install, but not in the installer? Hm. The dhcp client
> code is different in the two cases, but not in a way that should
> significantly affect this case.

Well, it doesn't work during a normal bootup either.  If I remove the cached
info in /etc/dhcpc/ and reboots, the network initialization fails:

Setting network parameters:  [  OK  ]
Bringing up interface lo:  [  OK  ]
Bringing up interface eth2:  dhcpcd[536]: timed out waiting for a valid DHCP
server response
Determining IP information for eth2... failed.
[FAILED]

If I log in and run /etc/init.d/network start everything works ok:

root@compute-1-1 root]# /etc/init.d/network start
Setting network parameters:  [  OK  ]
Bringing up interface lo:  [  OK  ]
Bringing up interface eth2:  [  OK  ]

I cannot see what it is different when init starts the network from when root
is doing it.

r.

--

  The Computer Center, University of Tromsų, N-9037 TROMSŲ, Norway.
	      phone:+47 77 64 41 07, fax:+47 77 64 41 00