Re: [Linux-ia64] disabling nics using boot options.

From: Roy Dragseth <Roy.Dragseth_at_cc.uit.no>
Date: 2003-01-10 02:16:01
Further investigation shows that if I connect the Gbit interface to a 10Mbs
hub everything works ok, e.g. using the ksdevice=eth2 boot option works as
expected.

I have narrowed this down to the following problem:  When the init process
tries to configure the eth2 with dhcp it fail, but if I logon as root and run

/etc/init.d/network start

everything works ok.  Subsequent reboots also works ok because now the
information is cached in /etc/dhcpc/.  If I remove the cached info the
problem turn up again.

Do anyone know what could be different between init running the network start
and when root does it?

r.