Re: [Linux-ia64] disabling nics in efi.

From: Roy Dragseth <royd_at_cc.uit.no>
Date: 2003-01-09 09:08:51
On Wednesday 08 January 2003 22:52, Alex Williamson wrote:
>    The EFI driver has nothing to do with whether the NIC shows up
> to the OS.  It only makes it unavailble from EFI, the hardware is
> still there.  I don't know of any way to make the NICs not show up
> other than not loading the module.

So, I was indeed missing the point.

The only viable path seems to be preventing the kernel to probe the interfaces
using the reserve boot option.  If I only could figure out how to compute the
right addresses...

r.

--

  The Computer Center, University of Tromsų, N-9037 TROMSŲ, Norway.
	      phone:+47 77 64 41 07, fax:+47 77 64 41 00