[Linux-ia64] disabling nics in efi.

From: Roy Dragseth <royd_at_cc.uit.no>
Date: 2003-01-09 08:39:24
I have a bunch of HP rx2600 that have two internal nics (10/100Mbit and 1Gbit)
and one external nic (1Gbit).  Is it possible to disable the two internal
ones in efi so linux won't see them?  I tried to use the disconnect command
in the efi shell, but they still keep showing up when I boot up linux.
I used
disconnect 4C
disconnect 49
and they report successful operation.  Am I missing the point completely?

I also tried the reserve= boot option to avoid linux to probe them, but that
didn't work either.  I probably computed the iobase and extents wrong.  Do
anyone know how to determine the correct parameters?

The reason for wanting to disable the internal nics is that the redhat
installer insists on fetching the kickstart file over eth0 when doing
installations over the network and the external nic that I want to use
becomes eth2.

Any hints is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Roy.
--

  The Computer Center, University of Tromsų, N-9037 TROMSŲ, Norway.
	      phone:+47 77 64 41 07, fax:+47 77 64 41 00