Re: [Linux-ia64] IA-32 emulation issues

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2003-01-03 10:38:34

  Arun> I've done some more debugging on this and I think there is no problem
  Arun> with getdents/getdents64.

  Arun> The problem was with a test case that did pwrite(2) with offset = -1
  Arun> and it was expecting the test to fail. However, on IA-64, the test
  Arun> case passed, leaving this temp file on the disk:

  Arun> $ ls -l /tmp/pwrbcneW5/pwrite_file
  Arun> -rw-r--r--    1 tester tester 4294968319 Jan  2 15:34 /tmp/pwrbcneW5/pwrite_file

  Arun> Subsequently, the test harness tries to cleanup the file and does a
  Arun> lstat on it, which results in EOVERFLOW.

I think this has been fixed in 2.5 already: the problem was that the
x86 version of sys_open() ended up turning on the O_LARGEFILE flag,
which was wrong (I think Andi Kleen pointed this out, originally).
The fix was to add the sys32_open() wrapper.  I don't recall if this
has been added to 2.4.xx already.  If not, it probably ought to be
added.

	--david