Re: [Linux-ia64] installation help

From: Stephane Eranian <eranian_at_frankl.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2002-12-19 10:35:54
On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 03:25:17PM -0800, Jian Chen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I downoaded ski and nue, and installed with:
>
> rpm -Uhv ski-0.943l-2.i386.rpm
> rpm -Uhv nue-1.1-1.i386.rpm
> rpm -Uhv nue-fs-1.2-1.i386.rpm
>
> I verified my installation with hello.c, but found
> that the compiled binary file can't be executed. Does
> anyone know why?
>
> My system is Redhat Linux 7.3, CPU Intel Pentium4
> 2.00GHZ, gcc version 2.96 20000731.

On some systems, the RPM post install script does not properly
execute the init script necessary to get the IA-64 binary
executed by the simulator. It is very easy to fix.

As root, simply type:

# /etc/rc.d/init.d/ia64fmt start

Then you will be able to run the IA-64 binary inside the NUE environment.
Note that next time you reboot your system, the rc script will be executed
automatically.

--
-Stephane