[Linux-ia64] Re: Use of __ia64_syscall() - syscall interface

From: Joel GUILLET <Joel.Guillet_at_bull.net>
Date: 2002-12-18 01:00:49
On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, David Mosberger wrote:

>   Joel> This doesn't compile on a Itanium.  I got a "undefined
>   Joel> reference to __ia64_syscall()"
>
> Please use the syscall() routine instead.  The stuff in unistd.h is
> for kernel-use only.
>
> 	--david

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I had seen before some (lots of) mails (many from you) that
recommands the use of the syscall() interface, but I mis-understood
the message...
The problem is that I got some problems to find documentation about this
interface and made a mix between the kernel and the glibc interfaces.
(I finally found some in glibc/manual/libc.info-43 )

I can see clearly now. (Thanks for help)
So, as I found how to compile my program, I just send here the way
I used the interface, just in case someone would need it. (even, if it's
not the purpose of that mail-list).

***************************************

#ifndef __NR_sched_setaffinity
#ifndef _AFFINITY_H
#define _AFFINITY_H

#if defined(__ia64__)
#define __NR_sched_setaffinity 1231
#define __NR_sched_getaffinity 1232
#endif

#define sched_setaffinity(arg1, arg2, arg3) syscall(__NR_sched_setaffinity, arg1, arg2, arg3)
#define sched_getaffinity(arg1, arg2, arg3) syscall(__NR_sched_getaffinity, arg1, arg2, arg3)

#endif /* __NR_sched_setaffinity */
#endif /* _AFFINITY_H */

(...and then just use directly sched_setaffinity in your program !)

Is that clean ?

 ** Joel **