Re: [Linux-ia64] fpswa logging redux

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2002-12-12 10:42:52

  Jesse> I'd like to fully decode the information in the isr about
  Jesse> what type of fault occured (whether it be a software assist
  Jesse> fault, some sort of IEEE filter fault, etc.) and print it
  Jesse> along with the ip when faults occur.  While I'm at it, I may
  Jesse> as well the proper SIGFPE subcode into si_info in case of
  Jesse> signal delivery is selected.

Like Keith, I'd like to keep the amount of decoding in the kernel as
minimal as possible.  We already have si_isr in the siginfo structure,
so apps/libraries can decode things themselves.  Having said that, we
ought to decode things sufficiently so that si_code can be set to the
correct value (where this makes sense).  Hopefully, that won't add
tons of code and it would help application portability.

	--david