Re: [Linux-ia64] Horrible mouse performance

From: Peter Chubb <peter_at_chubb.wattle.id.au>
Date: 2002-11-23 18:50:19
>>>>> "David" == David Mosberger <davidm@napali.hpl.hp.com> writes:

>>>>> On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 12:25:38 +1100, Peter Chubb <peter@chubb.wattle.id.au> said:
Peter> Hi, When using the linux 2.5.45+IA64patch kernel on an I2000,
Peter> the mouse pointer lags actual mouse movements by a long time,
Peter> making X almost unusable.  I haven't configured in the frame
Peter> buffer, if that makes a difference.

David> There certainly are problems with the input layer in 2.5.  So
David> the keyboard is actually working for you?  That's better than
David> it used to be! ;-) Both mouse and keyboard are connected via
David> PS/2, not via USB, I assume?

Yes, this is on an I2000.  I'm trying to see if preemption support
makes any difference.  But the interactive-via-X performance is so
awful anyway, that I can see no difference.

Peter C