Re: [Linux-ia64] Horrible mouse performance

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2002-11-23 05:51:49

  Peter> Hi, When using the linux 2.5.45+IA64patch kernel on an I2000,
  Peter> the mouse pointer lags actual mouse movements by a long time,
  Peter> making X almost unusable.  I haven't configured in the frame
  Peter> buffer, if that makes a difference.

There certainly are problems with the input layer in 2.5.  So the
keyboard is actually working for you?  That's better than it used to
be! ;-) Both mouse and keyboard are connected via PS/2, not via USB, I
assume?

(I don't normally see such problems because I do most of my 2.5 work
remotely, without console access.)

	--david