RE: [Linux-ia64] IA64 strncpy in 2.2.4-30 - bug and patch

From: Chen, Kenneth W <kenneth.w.chen_at_intel.com>
Date: 2002-11-20 05:35:44
Here is the updated patch against current glibc cvs strncpy.S v1.9.

There are two hunks in this patch.  The first hunk initialize ar.ec, ec is not guaranteed to be zero upon function entry, although most likely it will be zero.  But such assumption is functionally broken.

The second hunk fixes the seg fault in recovery 4 section.  The case of seg fault is that when src length ends exactly at a page boundary, and there are no mapping after that page.  In recovery 4, it is trying to access an invalid address due to earlier loop that src pointer got post incremented pass beyond current page.

- Ken