Re: [Linux-ia64] One little, two little, three little endian...

From: Don Dugger <n0ano_at_n0ano.com>
Date: 2002-11-15 14:50:36
Two points:

1)  I didn't say data conversion was easy just that the one time effort
of converting would be easier in the long run than the on-going effort
of creating and maintaining, for ever, big endian user libraries.

2)  I thought PA-RISC was a 32-bit processor which means porting to
IA64, assuming you're porting to 64-bit addressing (and if not why are
you porting to IA64 in the first place), will entail data incompatibilities
independent of endian-ness so you still have to do the data conversion.

It comes down to engineering trade offs and I still say that the one time
port will be easier in the long run.