[Linux-ia64] RE: memcpy failure

From: Chen, Kenneth W <kenneth.w.chen_at_intel.com>
Date: 2002-11-15 02:47:34
David,

I was thinking along the same line as returning void for memcpy.  And that is what implemented in memcpy_mck.S. r8 is initialized to zero in the code path mainly for copy_user.

I suppose I should follow the convention since everyone except me expect memcpy to return dest pointer and actually use the return value ;-)  I can work on that although I need to shuffle some instruction around to avoid  expand the code size and worsen the copy throughput.

- Ken