[Linux-ia64] Re: 2.5.45 cpqphp driver patch w/ intcphp driver enhancements

From: Greg KH <greg_at_kroah.com>
Date: 2002-11-12 11:53:02
On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 04:20:16PM -0800, Lee, Jung-Ik wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> Here's PCI hotplug driver patch to cpqphp driver in 2.5.45.

Thanks for the patch.  I'm a bit busy today, but should be able to test
this out later tomorrow if all goes well, sorry in advance for the
delay.

That being said, I have a minor nit:

-config HOTPLUG_PCI_COMPAQ
-       tristate "Compaq PCI Hotplug driver"
-       depends on HOTPLUG_PCI && X86
+config HOTPLUG_PCI_COMPAQ_INTEL
+       tristate "Compaq/Intel PCI Hotplug driver"
+       depends on HOTPLUG_PCI

The device is _still_ a Compaq device, Intel just licensed it from them.
Changing the name to an Intel device does Compaq a disservice, and in
the past, when I accidentally did this, they complained loudly.

So I'd stick to the Compaq name only :)

I'll get back to you with actual technical comments on the patch
hopefully by tomorrow evening.

thanks,

greg k-h