[Linux-ia64] (no subject)

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2002-11-12 06:22:59

  Mario> I know that on some commercial Unix systems there are ways to
  Mario> cap the CPU utilization by user/group ids are there such
  Mario> features/patches available on Linux?

There are probably other patches floating around, but Process Resource
Management (PRM) for Linux is/was one approach to do just that:

	http://resourcemanagement.unixsolutions.hp.com/WaRM/prm_linux/

The kernel patches available from this URL are pretty old (up to
2.4.6, as far as I could see), and I'm not sure what the future plans
for PRM on Linux are.  Perhaps someone else can provide more details.

	--david