Re: [Linux-ia64] mremap and "negative" addresses

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2002-11-01 23:58:54

  Matthew> hmm.. x86 handles this kind of thing by comparing against
  Matthew> (unsigned long)-125 instead.  any reason we can't do the
  Matthew> same?

Because on ia64 (like on Alpha, for example), there _is_ a clean
mechanism to return an error status and an error code at the syscall
level.

  Matthew> i also notice that sys_fcntl has no workaround:

That looks like a bug.

Both for mremap() and F_GETOWN, we should use the macro
force_successful_syscall_return() (not that this is an accepted macro
yet, but it makes the intention much clearer).

	--david