[Linux-ia64] Re: [Pcihpd-discuss] PCI hotplug broken on IA64

From: Scott Murray <scottm_at_somanetworks.com>
Date: 2002-10-31 19:41:04
On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Greg KH wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 03:03:09AM -0500, Scott Murray wrote:
> >
> > I'm hopeful we'll see a bunch of drivers for various non-x86 CompactPCI
> > CPU boards appear if my CompactPCI driver goes in.  If I get the time,
> > I'll probably take the required bits for the Motorola PowerPC boards from
> > the code MontaVista released a while back and build something for them
> > myself.
>
> Sounds good, further reinforcement of the "no i386 and ia64 only"
> restrictions on the pci hotplug core :)

Considering the wide variety of cPCI CPU boards that are floating around,
and the non-zero chance that someone here at SOMA will decide out of the
blue they want us to use a non-x86 one, I'm keen to hedge my bets. :)

> > By the way, Greg, are you interested in patches against 2.5.45, even with
> > the device unregistration stuff still up in the air?  Barring that and
> > waiting to see what Russell and Alan are cooking up for PCI resource
> > reservation, I'm kind of doneish my port to 2.5.
>
> Yes I am, please send them on.

There are a couple of things I want to test at the office tomorrow, I'll
send something on after I'm sure they work.

Scott

--
Scott Murray
SOMA Networks, Inc.