Re: [Linux-ia64] build a bootable kernel

From: Dai, Yiyang <yiyang.dai_at_hp.com>
Date: 2002-10-29 12:23:10
>On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 05:42:59PM +0800, dai yiyang wrote:
>> thanks for your help
>> the kernel file has been built .
>> but how to load the kernel during system boot time ?
>> I have edit the elilo.conf file add the new kernel's path . but the
>> the system halted at "umcompressed kernel ......ok ."
>>
>What kind of machine are you trying to boot?

   I use a compaq proliant DL590 ( Itanium -700Mhz)

>What is the .config file used to build the kernel?

   I dont have the experience on build a ia64 kernel , so I use the
common config
   My concern is in "IA-64 System type" wehther I should choose
DIG-compliant or generic
   I use generic in my kernel configuration

>What is the content of elilo.conf?
           image=vmlinuz-2.5.39
		label=linux-2.5.39
		initrd=initrd-2.5.39.img
		read-only
		root=/dev/ida/c0d0p3

     the section for my new kernel was copied from my previous kernel
section , I think it should be correct.