Re: [Linux-ia64] build a bootable kernel

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2002-10-28 18:31:41
>>>>> On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 14:49:11 +0800, "dai yiyang" <daiyiyang@hotmail.com> said:

  dai> Hi : I have build a 2.5.39 kernel under redhat 7.2 use "make
  dai> vmlinux" , the output file vmlinux is 55M!  and seems cannot be
  dai> loaded by elilo .  Per my check the original kernel file
  dai> default installed on the system is only 1M , I think it should
  dai> been compressed .  Anybody can provide me the right step to
  dai> build a bootable kernel under ia64 ?

	make compressed

will build you a stripped & compressed kernel in vmlinux.gz.

	--david