[Linux-ia64] ia64 compressed makefile target

From: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2002-10-23 13:21:00
David and Bjorn,

I noticed that the arch/ia64/Makefile 'compressed' target there's a
'--strip-all' arg getting passed to objcopy.  This has the effect of
removing relocation info from the vmlinux binary that we need for
systems w/o memory at the default link address, if I understand
correctly.  Would it be possible to change this option to
'--strip-debug' instead?  I can provide one-line patches for this
against your bitkeeper trees if that's easiest for you...

Thanks,
Jesse