[Linux-ia64] elilo-3.3a is now available

From: Stephane Eranian <eranian_at_frankl.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2002-10-16 04:01:07
Hi,

I have just released version 3.3a of elilo, the EFI bootloader
for Linux/ia64 and Linux/ia32.

Typically elilo is on a 6-month revision cycle but I have decided to release
an updated version to fix some important bugs found in the last two months.

This version DOES NOT have any new features simply bug fixes.
I *STRONGLY* recommend that everyone migrates to this new version as
several important bugs have been fixed. See ChangeLog for details.

I would like to thanks Levent Akyl, NOMURA Jun'ichi, and Andreas Schwab
for submitting bug reports and patches for this release.

To compile this package on both IA-32 and IA-64, you need gcc3.x and
binutils 2.11.90 or higher. Also if you're using anything newer than
gcc3.0 release, you need to grab the updated version of the gnu-efi
package, i.e., gnu-efi-3.0a, because there were some changes in the
way gcc treats constant strings which impact the loader script used
to build elilo. You can grab the package at:

	ftp://ftp.hpl.hp.com/pub/linux-ia64/gnu-efi-3.0a.tar.gz

As usual, I have included precompiled binaries for IA-64 (elilo-ia64.efi)
and IA-32 (elilo-ia32.efi). To try out the IA-32 version, you need a PC
with EFI support. This can either be a native EFI implementation or
a PC with a legacy BIOS booted with the EFI floppies from the Intel
sample implementation which you can get at:

	http://developer.intel.com/technology/efi

The new version of elilo can be downloaded from:

	ftp://ftp.hpl.hp.com/pub/linux-ia64/elilo-3.3a.tar.gz
	MD5SUM: de5c507c9abbd24c993ac280835dcc57

Enjoy,

--
-Stephane