Re: [Linux-ia64] BitKeeper tree for 2.4.x

From: Grant Grundler <grundler_at_cup.hp.com>
Date: 2002-10-15 06:44:41
Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> We've got a mechanism for looking up the supported attributes
> (efi_mem_attributes()); what I'd really like is for somebody to
> hook that up with the mmap infrastructure so that we only allow
> the supported attributes.

If MAP_WRITECOMBINED attribute isn't supported, is there any harm
in returning memory without that attribute?

I'd expect some platform specific support to know when it's
required vs a "performance hint". Forcing exact matches is one way
to deal with it but pushes the burden to the "application"
(may a device driver in this case) to find an exact match.

grant