[Linux-ia64] running x86 mozilla with "skin" support etc.

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2002-09-24 05:15:01
As you may know, the mozilla/x86 skin support pulls in dependencies on
a whole bunch x86 libraries and binaries.  Finding those dependencies
isn't entirely trivial.  I went through this exercise on my ia64
workstation and it is now set up so that mozilla/x86 works perfectly
fine (I usually prefer the native mozilla, but mozilla/x86 is still
useful for web pages that require Java, Flash, or similar plugins).

The main "trick" to get skin support working is to make sure that
/emul/ia32-linux is populated with the x86 version of /usr/bin/convert
(along with all pre-requisite libraries).  A copy of the x86 version
of the files in /usr/lib/gtk/themes/engines and /usr/lib/gdk-imlib1/
are also needed.  If someone wants a more detailed list of files, let
me know.

	--david