Re: [Linux-ia64] Greater than 2TB Filesystem support?

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2002-09-12 04:03:58

  Thomas> Is there anyone out there that can give me an indication of
  Thomas> when the 2TB FS limitation will be addressed?  We are ready
  Thomas> to implement XFS based IDE Raid IA64 servers with 4+TB
  Thomas> today.  Any information you can provide me about timelines
  Thomas> would be very helpful.

Peter Chubb from the University of New South Wales has done some very
nice work in this regard as part of the Gelato project.  He has a web
page and patches for the 2.5 kernel series at:

	http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/~peterc/lfs.html

I fully expect this to be part of 2.6.  I'm not sure whether anybody
has tried to back-port it to 2.4.

	--david