[Linux-ia64] make xconfig

From: Jason Baron <almostivan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2002-08-29 02:02:16
If I enable xconfig, I get these errors from the
linux-2.4.19-ia64-020821.diff:

ERROR - Attempting to write value for unconfigured
variable (CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP).
ERROR - Attempting to write value for unconfigured
variable (CONFIG_BLK_DEV_NBD).
ERROR - Attempting to write value for unconfigured
variable (CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM).

The consequence is that these parameters do not get
written to the appropriate files.  Also, there are two
top level "Block devices" menues.

This issue has been discussed a bit and I agree that
the right solution is probably to fix the way that
xconfig works.  Short of this, we could choose not to
source drivers/block/Config.in, and instead include
the drivers/block/Config.in parameters in
arch/ia64/config.in, as in the attached patch.  This
bloats the file a bit, but solves the issue in an arch
independent way.

-Jason Baron