Re: [Linux-ia64] Re: [Discontig-devel] CLUMPS, CHUNKS and GRANULES

From: Martin J. Bligh <Martin.Bligh_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: 2002-08-17 09:46:09

>> Arrrghh! Why on earth would you want to do that? How are you going to
>> atomically update things? Replicating things that are heavily written to is
>> a bad idea.
>
> We dont do that!!!

Great. Though I'm not suprised it got misread .... the current code around mem_map
is very confusing.

>> PS. If you wanted to change all the disgusting defns of PLAT_XXXXX to something
>> readable, that would make a lot of people happy ;-)
>
> No problem. What do you suggest.

Anything else! I know you're just following what was already in there, but that
really needs killing too ;-) Something that's readable, not all caps, does what the
name says, and looks like the rest of the kernel VM macros would be nice ;-)

And getting rid of plat_node_data and just shoving it into the pg_data_t with
everything else might help. Or at least pretending from the macros you do that ;-)

M.