RE: [Linux-ia64] move asm-ia64/efi.h to linux/efi.h ?

From: <Matt_Domsch_at_Dell.com>
Date: 2002-08-16 02:55:10
> I'll post a similar patch against 2.4.x
> current BK tree soon as I have a moment to make it.

David and Bjorn, three patches against Marcelo's current 2.4.x BK tree:

1)
http://domsch.com/linux/patches/gpt/linux-2.4-gpt-efiguidt.cset
has been in the IA64 port for a while.  This fixes the endianness issues
with the efi_guid_t type and adds the NULL_GUID definition needed to compile
the GPT code.

2)
http://domsch.com/linux/patches/ia64/linux-2.4-efihmove.cset
moves include/asm-ia64/efi.h to include/linux/efi.h similar to the 2.5
patches.  This is needed to allow the GPT code to compile on non-IA64
platforms too, necessary for the use of really big disks.

3)
http://domsch.com/linux/patches/gpt/linux-2.4-gpt-efiguidt-unparse.cset
has been the IA64 port for a while.  This fixes efi_guid_unparse for
endianness.

These need to be applied in the above order, as #1 touches efi.h,  #2
touches and moves efi.h, and #3 touches it then too.  You've got #1 and #3
already in your tree, but Marcelo and Alan don't have any of these three.
I've compiled this on x86 against BK-current building in GPT with no
troubles.

Because ia64 isn't sync'd with Marcelo ATM, on ia64 against
2.4.18-ia64-020722 then applying #2, one fixup to arch/ia64/kernel/acpi.c
needed, and by moving asm-ia64/efi.h to linux/efi.h, it works great.
Because acpi.c and efi.h changed in your patch since you've sync'd with
Marcelo, patch 2 above has these problems - easily fixed.  Patch attached
applies against 2.4.18-ia64-020722 accomplishes same as #2 patch above.

Please apply the attached patch to your local tree, and forward the three BK
patches above to Alan and Marcelo for inclusion in 2.4.x mainline.  Any
other syncs I leave up to you. :-)

Thanks,
Matt

--