Re: [Linux-ia64] Re: CPU hotplug boot change for IA64

From: Erich Focht <efocht_at_ess.nec.de>
Date: 2002-08-07 04:33:09
Hi Kimi,

On Saturday 03 August 2002 02:53, Kimio Suganuma wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I removed cpu_initialized and fixed several bugs.
> I tested SMP and UP kernels on 2-way Bigsur.
> Please let me know if there is any problem on the patch.

The patch looks fine. Before applying it to 2.5.29 my BigSur ended up
with no tasks beeing scheduled to cpu#1 and no migration_task and
ksoftirqd for the same cpu. But the system came up. After applying it
the system hangs in the boot sequence right after "Freeing unused
kernel memory". But CPU#1 was woken up correctly. Sorry, have no kdb
to be able to tell you more...

Does anybody else have these problems?

Thanks,
Erich