Re: Fw: [Linux-ia64] problem in sigtimedwait

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2002-07-13 06:22:14

  Kumar> If somebody else have some idea, please post it asap.
  Kumar> Hello david,
  Kumar> I have attached the test program as you asked for testing
  Kumar> "sigtimedwait".whether it returns proper "si_fd" value.
  Kumar> Please try with this.

  Kumar> I have tested by the following way:
  Kumar> 1)Compiled and run the program
  Kumar> 2)In the other terminal, i have run the command "telnet localhost 5001".
  Kumar> 3)You can view the results in the terminal where the test program is
  Kumar> running.

I tried this and it seems to work as expected:

	$ ./rtsignaltest
	Listening FD is 3
	Signum : 42 : Success
	Signum : 42
	FD     : 0
	BAND   : 65
	Code   : 1
	Signum : -1 : Resource temporarily unavailable
	Unknown signal

Perhaps there is a problem due to an old version of glibc?  I ran the
above on a Debian based system with glibc-2.2.5.  I vaguely recall a
problem with the glibc siginfo structure being out of sync with the
kernel, but that was a long time ago.

	--david