[Linux-ia64] Re: switch_mm race condition with Ingo's scheduler

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2002-07-12 07:50:47

  Erich> Hi David, the attached patch fixes the switch_mm ->
  Erich> wrap_mmu_context deadlock which can occur in 2.5.18+ia64. We
  Erich> discussed this in January/February...

The patch basically looks fine to me and I put it in my 2.5 tree with
a few small changes to take advantage of the new per-CPU scheme
(avoids clutter in asm/processor.h).  Also, I think it's sufficient to
call delayed_flush_tlb() in get_new_mmu_context(), as we just need to
make sure that the TLB does get flushed before.  Or did this not work
for some reason?

	--david