[Linux-ia64] Re: O(1) scheduler "complex" macros

From: Ingo Molnar <mingo_at_elte.hu>
Date: 2002-07-11 05:30:37
the best solution might be to just lock the 'next' task - this needs a new
per-task irq-safe spinlock, to avoid deadlocks. This way whenever a task
is in the middle of a context-switch it cannot be scheduled on another
CPU.

in fact this solution simplifies things - only two per-arch macros are
needed. I've done this in my current 2.5.25 tree:

	http://redhat.com/~mingo/O(1)-scheduler/sched-2.5.25-A4

check out the sparc64 changes for the 'complex' locking scenario - it's
untested, please give it a go on ia64, does that solve your problems? x86
is tested and works just fine.

	Ingo