Re: [Linux-ia64] A start at large file and filesystem support

From: Peter Chubb <peter_at_chubb.wattle.id.au>
Date: 2002-04-24 20:26:21
>>>>> "David" == David Mosberger <davidm@napali.hpl.hp.com> writes:

David> Good work!  Since this really doesn't touch any ia64 files:
David> will you work directly with the respective maintainers to get
David> this into the official 2.5 tree?

Sure.  I'll need to split off the changes from the IA64 changes, and
the patch currently will crash on systems that don't use 64-bit
addressing (because of the way the page cache works).  I'd like to get
some people who have enormous filesystems and 64-bit machines to give
the patch a go.

Peter> If you're bitkeeper-enabled, you can pull the patch from
Peter> bk://gelato.unsw.edu.au:2022

David> Not sure how others feel about this, but I for one still like
David> to get diff -u-style patches.  It's just so much faster to get
David> a quick idea of what the patch does.

That's why I provided both -- but 1.8M of diffs is a bit much for an
email.  (I had to change the definition of a couple of interface
functions, which meant lots of files have two line changes)

Peter C