Re: [Linux-ia64] Missing EXPORT_SYMBOL memset

From: Keith Owens <kaos_at_ocs.com.au>
Date: 2002-04-13 11:28:36
On Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:05:37 +0200,
Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de> wrote:
>GCC 3 may generate calls to memset, so we need to export it to modules.

If gcc does that the code does not use the arch tuned memset.  Also the
memset function is only generated if __HAVE_ARCH_MEMSET is undefined,
but include/asm-ia64/string.h defines __HAVE_ARCH_MEMSET.  We would be
better off teaching gcc not to generate calls to memset where we do not
want them so the kernel gets the code that we want, not what gcc thinks
might be a good idea.