Re: [Linux-ia64] SIGILL errors in strncpu (NAT consumption)

From: Erich Focht <efocht_at_ess.nec.de>
Date: 2002-04-04 07:29:58
> Has anyone seen random SIGILL failures in the strncpy
> function in glibc-2.2.4-19.3?
>
> The failure is caused by a NAT consumption fault in the
> code sequence shown below.

I've seen NaT consumption faults with an ISV application in a loop
involving speculative loads, too. It was very hard to trace back (occured
at different simulation times in a huge case) and disappeared after we
rewrote the loop and used the latest Intel Fortran compiler. It occured
with both B3 and C0 CPUs under 2.4.7 and 2.4.17. I don't have a testcase
for this, sorry.

Regards,
Erich