Re: [Linux-ia64] debuggers

From: Jim Wilson <wilson_at_redhat.com>
Date: 2002-03-29 14:00:33
>Besides gdb and ddd what other types of debuggers are available for IA64?

ddd is a graphical front end for debugggers, it isn't a debugger itself.
If you are using ddd, then you are likely still using gdb underneath as
the real debugger.  If you want a list of gdb front ends... there is an emacs
gdb mode which is the front end that I use.  There is gdbtk which is a
graphical X windows front end that uses tcl/tk.  There is also a curses based
text window front end called tui, originally from HP, but I've never used that
one so I don't know anything about it.

As for other debuggers besides gdb, I know that Intel has one which comes
with the Intel compilers.  It implements a gdb-like command set.  This debugger
is called LDB, the Linux debugger.

There are of course other debuggers for other operating systems, but they
aren't useful on ia64-linux systems.

Jim