Re: [Linux-ia64] Re: compiler version for kernel builds

From: Gary Hade <garyhade_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: 2002-03-28 10:45:39
FYI, earlier this afternoon I was able to successfully build
and boot an IA-64 2.4.18 kernel built with:
	gcc version 3.1 20020327 (prerelease)

The GCC problem that was previously preventing a successful
boot was isolated by Chris McDermott and Steve Christiansen.
It was fixed earlier today by Richard Henderson.
  GCC PR 6054 (GCC 3.1 for ia64 fails to restore gp after
                 indirect call in Linux kernel)

Gary