Re: [Linux-ia64] Does IDE DMA work?

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2002-03-15 06:00:15

  Andreas> Has anyone got IDE DMA working?  When I try it with 2.4.18
  Andreas> the machine is hanging during partition table reading, with
  Andreas> the disk light constantly on.  It seems like the kernel is
  Andreas> not receiving any answer from the disk.

Yes, we have an ia64 system here with a IDE drive on which IDE DMA
seems to work fine.  However, it's not an Itanium machine and doesn't
use the PIIX (or whatever its called) controller.  I don't think I
have ever succeeded in getting IDE DMA going on a Big Sur machine.  I
never tried to track it down to see whether its a hw or sw problem.

	--david